Learn about Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
As a part of the Sales Team, the Route Sales Trainee is responsible for learning techniques of developing sales, distribution and merchandising of products on various routes in a continuous effort to provide superior customer service and maximize sales & volume growth through developing and maintaining strong customer relationships. The Route Sales Trainee also learns the elements of maintaining product availability and merchandising products at all designated accounts, including ensuring that all beverage sections, racks, displays and vendors are completely filled according to Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Learn and become proficient at running the hand-held device and generating accurate invoices.
• Learn all routes and becomes efficient at sale and delivery of products on any route in a timely manner.
• Fill, merchandise and rotate product on displays and in cold drink equipment according to CCBCHC standards.
• Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for accounts.
• Develop sales skills in an effort to grow volume in assigned accounts through product distribution, display, and promotional activity.
• Learn processes that ensure proper accounting of product, cash and assets for route activity.
• Learn and become proficient at accurately and efficiently invoicing and collecting monies due.
• Foster relationships with account personnel and provide superior customer service to all accounts through daily communication, problem resolution and appropriate follow up.
• Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
• Maintain clean and organized back-room and manage trade breakage in assigned accounts.
• Learn the process of and become proficient at performing required vehicle checks and load checks according to CCBCHC standard practices.
• Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
• On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• 1-3 years of general work experience preferred
• Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
• Customer service experience preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to operate a two or four wheeled hand-truck.
• Ability to operate all types of industrial power trucks.
• Ability to obtain a Class A CDL and ability to learn to operate a Class A CDL tractor and trailer, understand and remain in compliance with all CDL requirements and have a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
• Ability to pass and maintain DOT physical requirements.
• Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
• Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
• Enthusiasm – Bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
• Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
• Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
• Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
• Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and proper use of equipment, materials and properly.
• Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
• New Hire Orientation
• Company’s Inter-Active Safety Training and other safety training as required
• Annual Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Training
• May be asked to demonstrate truck driving abilities
• Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
• Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
• The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
• Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
• Must be available to work some weekends and some holidays.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol & Drug-Free Workplace.