Learn about Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
As a part of the Sales Team, the Sales Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising of products on designated routes in a continuous effort to provide superior customer service and maintain strong customer relationships. The Sales Merchandiser maintains product availability and stocks and merchandises products at all designated accounts, including ensuring that all beverage sections, racks, displays and vendors are completely filled according to Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fill, merchandise and rotate product on displays and shelves according to CCBCHC standards.
• Maintain and organize CCBCHC stock as needed.
• Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
• Maintain clean and organized back-room and manage trade breakage.
• Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for account.
• Foster relationship with account personnel and provide superior customer service to all accounts serviced.
• Perform required vehicle checks.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
• Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
• On-time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• 1-3 years of general work experience preferred
• Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
• Customer service experience preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to operate a two or four wheeled hand-truck.
• Ability to operate all types of industrial power trucks.
• Valid driver’s license and a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
• Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
• Enthusiasm – Bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
• Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic
• Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
• Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
• Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and proper use of
equipment, materials and property.
• Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all
actions representing the company.
• New Hire Orientation
• Company’s Inter-Active Safety Training and other safety training as required
• Annual Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace Training
• May be asked to demonstrate truck driving abilities
• Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
• Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
• The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing
equipment in operation.
• Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training
• Must be available to work some weekends and some holidays.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.