Learn about Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
Meet our recruitment staff
See our open opportunities
As part of the Operations Team, the Production Manager is responsible for the management of the production department to ensure the efficient production of highest quality product at the lowest cost in meeting customer demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all facility equipment is maintained up to company standards
• Ensure plant is in compliance with all federal and state regulations along with company policy/procedure
• Monitor QI daily and provide recommendations to solve quality issues
• Develop and continuously analyze budget versus planned forecast and report monthly or as needed
• Conduct scheduled meetings (department, safety)
• Develop workforce through supervision, coaching, and training
• Ensure all plans and strategies are effectively communicated throughout the department
• Review, alter, and approve all departmental scheduling issues
• Manage customer service and personnel issues
• Review and approve promotional request form
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
• 1-3 years production/manufacturing experience.
• Requires experience managing people/budgets.
• 2+ years supervising production staff preferred.
• Basic computer and database application skills.
• Familiarity with manufacturing systems.
• Forklift certification is a plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and parts
• Able to prioritize Plant needs
• Ability to operate a manual / powered pallet jack or lift product.
• Ability to operate manufacturing equipment.
• Ability to train, evaluate and develop team members.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems associated to the warehouse and production issues.
• Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally to both co-workers and customers.
• Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
• Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
• Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
• Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
• Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
• Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
• Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
• Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials property.
• Honesty, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
• Continuing education to maintain certification and a current working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• New Hire Orientation
• Company’s Inter-Active Safety Training
• Allergen Awareness Training
• Diversity & Harassment Training
• Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors & Managers
• Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminals.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repetitively.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
• Hearing protection dependant on specified areas.
• Hard Hat
• The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
• Some areas are slippery due to the production process.
• Warehouse area has heavy forklift traffic.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace.